BRIEF DESCRIPTION/BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
The course aims to develop experienced Business Excellence (BE, which can be used synonymously with quality awards) practitioners for the application and expansion of BE frameworks and tools among enterprises and organizations.
OBJECTIVES FOR PARTICIPATION
1. Continuously improve the quality assurance framework of the institution.
2. Share the new insights and best practices learned to higher educational institutions in the Philippines.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
23 participants from Bangladesh, Republic of China, Fiji, Iran, India, Indonesia, Republic of Korea, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam. The lone participant from the Philippines is Vice-President for Academic Affairs from Lyceum of the Philippines university.
SCOPE, CONTENT AND METHODOLOGY
A. The Four Key Steps in the Business Excellence Journey
1. Planning Business Excellence
2. Facilitating Business Excellence self assessment
3. Managing Improvement for Business Excellence
4. Sustaining Business Excellence
B. Tools and Methodology for Business Excellence practitioners
C. Case studies of leading Business Excellence organizations
D. Action plans for implementing Business Excellence in an organization
The workshop methodologies were lectures, case studies, group discussions, site visit, and drafting of action plans.
Site visit is made in CPF (Thailand) PLC.-Food Processing Plant, Saraburi Province (Formerly known as Bangkok Produce Merchandising PLC – BKP), 2010 Thailand Quality Class (TQC) Award Winner
OUTCOMES AND EVALUATION
I was able to acquire additional knowledge and skills as a Business Excellence practitioner specifically using the Business Excellence framework as a strategic management tool and plan, conduct organizational self-assessment, and review progress and facilitate continuous improvement to sustain Business Excellence journey.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND ACTION STEPS
Challenging areas in putting the BE framework into place:
1. Align and interface the Business Excellence framework with the education quality assurance standards.
2. Establish and organize education-industry alliance which focuses on quality assurance journey.
DR. CONRADO IÑIGO
Vice-President for Academic Affairs
and Quality Management Representative
Lyceum of the Philippines University